I’m back! Two days of traveling, two days of whirlwind activity, and back to a house that (inexplicably, since I picked up before we left) needs tidying. We got home around midnight yesterday, after being on the road for fifteen hours. I have lots of unpacking yet to do, stories to crit (hi, Jo!) and stories to finish (hi, Jo, again!), kids to keep busy, etc etc, so here are a few notes from the road, scribbled down in my handy-dandy girly-pink notebook while I was supposed to be working on a speech for the reception:
- In upstate New York, went past a sign that said “Petrified Sea Garden Road”
- Do you suppose they round up all the unmarried men and make them live in Batchellersville? 😀
- Clouds that look like cherubs with blush-tinted wings
- The husband pointing out every correctional facility to Sir I. Poor kid’s going to think he needs to become either a prison guard or inmate when he grows up. Or was it meant to be a warning for him to behave? Hee.
- Miss M. singing her own lyrics to the I Know You from Disney’s Sleeping Beauty: I know you and I love you and I walk with Grampa and I am hungry…
- Sir I., upon seeing Lake Erie: I want to go dipsy diving! (Dipsy meaning drunk on root beer??)
What little snippets, images, random thoughts and fancies have made you smile recently?