I’m back! Two days of traveling, two days of whirlwind activity, and back to a house that (inexplicably, since I picked up before we left) needs tidying. We got home around midnight yesterday, after being on the road for fifteen hours. I have lots of unpacking yet to do, stories to crit (hi, Jo!) and stories to finish (hi, Jo, again!), kids to keep busy, etc etc, so here are a few notes from the road, scribbled down in my handy-dandy girly-pink notebook while I was supposed to be working on a speech for the reception:
- In upstate New York, went past a sign that said “Petrified Sea Garden Road”
- Do you suppose they round up all the unmarried men and make them live in Batchellersville? 😀
- Clouds that look like cherubs with blush-tinted wings
- The husband pointing out every correctional facility to Sir I. Poor kid’s going to think he needs to become either a prison guard or inmate when he grows up. Or was it meant to be a warning for him to behave? Hee.
- Miss M. singing her own lyrics to the I Know You from Disney’s Sleeping Beauty: I know you and I love you and I walk with Grampa and I am hungry…
- Sir I., upon seeing Lake Erie: I want to go dipsy diving! (Dipsy meaning drunk on root beer??)
What little snippets, images, random thoughts and fancies have made you smile recently?
Are your kids really this much cuter than mine, or is it just that you are better at chronicling? Probably both. Glad your trip went well–looking forward to hearing all about it!
I think I’m just better about writing down the cute things they say. Blog fodder. 😀
Dipsy diving!! Love it!
Welcome home, sounds like it was a fast but great trip!