1. Bright sunshine.
2. Sir I. reading a sign at the farmstand by himself (“Potatoes under here, hiding from the light”).
3. Fresh sweet corn and juicy Pennsylvania peaches. Mmmm!
4. Taking Baby-zilla’s rampages in stride, including the dumping out of a box of spaghetti and a box of 96 crayons. Not to mention his happily pulling out a quarter of a box of wipes before I found him and put an end to it.
5. D. will be home soon! And it’s sooner every minute!
6. Buying a new frame for a raised bed. Listening to the kids talk about what should be planted in it next year. They’ve settled on sweet potatoes.
7. Realizing that I have enough food in the house to get me through Monday.
8. Watching Miss M. gently wrap her stuffed puppy, Cocoa, in bubble wrap (some of us mothers are way more overprotective than others, heh).
9. Chubby baby cheeks, fat baby thighs, and big drooly baby smiles.
10. The chocolate-toffee-things my sister sent me from California. Shh, don’t tell the kids how many I already ate, or they’ll want in on the action, too!