1. I had a great time watching the older kids pretend to be Michelangelo. I taped paper to the underside of the card table and they crawled in and painted pictures. Sir I. also sculpted a boat out of a bar of soap (and a manta ray-turned-into-a-pile of wood–that’s what happened to the first bar of soap I gave him).
2. It was a bit of a struggle, but I got Rainbird into beta-readable shape and sent it off to a friend who confirmed that it really needs to be a novella–which means it’s not going to be ready to be submitted on Sunday. Bummer, but that’s the way it goes, sometimes.
3. Since I pushed through to the bitter end of Rainbird, I can play Torchlight with minimal guilt.
4. The public areas of my house are nice and clean. Why, yes, we did have people over for dinner last night. How did you guess??
5. Tomorrow’s Saturday, and I have no plans for the day. Hooray for vast expanses of unscheduled time!
How’s your week been? What are your plans for the weekend?