Sorry, but my life has been lately consumed by school, books 4 & 5 of The Codex Alera, the kids’ various activities (for the first time ever I am a soccer mom!) and er… a bit of Quartz. Some of the things we did this week:
- Went to visit the science museum with our college-student babysitter. We hiked a little ways on a trail and stopped to examine every fungus we saw. The Baron blew a spider–pop!–off its web. Poor critter.
- Read Ursula Le Guin’s Catwings to the older two who were just enthralled. Today we drew and colored our own cats and cut out oil-pastel-colored wings for them.
- I was both amused and bemused at how excited Sir I. is about The Hobbit, which David is reading to him. He’s so excited that he will often read ahead on his own after David’s voice has given out. My kid. Reading. The Hobbit. This time last year he was reading Henry & Mudge and Syd Hoff books. My mind boggles.
- On a similar note, Miss M. and I are doing little two-minute reading lessons. She’s not wild about our primer, but she can read lists of words! Al, Sal, Hal. bat, ban, band. She’s doing great!
- We made a sugar cube step pyramid. And a sugar cube box. And sugar cube towers. And sugar cube… oh wait. We ran out of sugar cubes.
How was your week?