* Sir I. loves The Hobbit. He loves it so much that he drew a picture of Smaug and insisted that he be assigned the first paragraph of the book as copywork. Check out that monster of a second sentence:
Not a dirty, nasty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
* Miss M. loves unicorns. She loves to color unicorn pictures, cut them out and twirl around the house flying them. Apparently these unicorns do fly, even though they have no discernable wings.
* The Baron is saying color words: “boo”, “een” and “bown”.
* We drew birds. Lots and lots of owls, hummingbirds, parrots and just generic birds. Don’t ask me why the olders are so into them right now.
* We got into all the scrap fabric bags left over from David’s sewing projects and my college costume design class from mumbletymumble years ago and made a coat of many colors. Ouch. I hot-glued my fingers way too many times. Now you know, kids, why glue guns are only for mommies!