Alina Sayre tagged me for the lucky 7 meme (thanks, Alina!). The rules are:
1. Go to page 77 of your current manuscript/work-in-progress (or page 7 if you don’t have 77).
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they’re written.
4. Tag 7 authors, and let them know.
Here’s an excerpt from my current novel WIP, The-Book-Known-As-Kai (it really should have a better title by now, but I think we can all acknowledge that titling my stories is a skill I could work on).
Okay, I’m a little nervous posting this because it is raw first draft. Let’s just say that I tend to be wordy in my first drafts (of anything).
*takes deep breath*
She’d lost control. She’d let the beast back into her head, let it ride along for its acute senses, let it take over. She’d been so proud of how well she’d done in New Warden, how she’d pulled herself up from the bestial savagery that had characterized her life in Ydrael. She’d let herself feel victorious, but tonight had shown how hollow that triumph was.
She’d prospered without the beast in New Warden because she hadn’t needed it. New Warden was a gentler place which valued intellect and personality more than strength and agility.
Here in Ain, the beast was a temptation for the strength it brought her.
Since I’m a writer and thus not known for my strong math skills, I’m tagging the following 4 people:
- Liana Mir
- Kirsten at Write a Book With Me
- Lisa at Writing, Dreams & Drops of Ink
- Prue at What’s It All About?